Thursday, October 04, 2007

Blue Angels

I was working on a presentation that I am giving next week, when I started hearing the loud noises of jets flying around. This weekend is an air show, which includes the Blue Angels, so I figured it was them practicing. So I went up to the roof to check it out, and confirmed that it is them.

They are basically just flying around. No stunt or formation practice yet - I suspect that will be later today and tomorrow.



Kind of hard to get back to working on my presentation with all the noise.

Edit:
With all the noise, I gave up on trying to work and went down to the waterfront to watch. They did run through their performance and I captured some pictures.







Labels:

5 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger ザイツェヴ said...

I saw them in Salinas, just need to upload pictures.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger California Kayaker Magazine said...

I had a chance to see them practice again on Friday, and got lucky with one picture that caught the two planes just as they were passing each other:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/244/1511685882_37223d5b07_o.jpg

I am glad we went away for the weekend. We returned on Sunday at about 5pm, and the traffic in this area of the city was a madhouse with all the spectators trying to leave.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger California Kayaker Magazine said...

Ok, if that link didn't work, try this one...
http://shorterlink.com/?8C0SPU

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger California Kayaker Magazine said...

Here are some great pics from the show day:
http://home.comcast.net/~bzee1a/

I particularly like watching what is called "The High Speed Sneak Pass" (about half way down the page). One plane goes very fast and very low along the water. You can see the shock wave effecting the water. Interesting to see the people on the boats not watching the plane - they were likely very surprised.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger California Kayaker Magazine said...

And here are some video clips of the high speed sneak pass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7rAUu8djZ4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home